Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Signs of the Times

Thought for the day:  Sign on a proctologist's door- To expedite your visit, please back in.


Greetings, all. My plan is to spend as much time editing this week as I can, so today's post is gonna be long on the pictures and short on the words. But heck, if you believe that crap  age-old wisdom about how a picture is worth a thousand words, this is a more than adequate post, don't you think? Hope you get as much of a kick out of these signs as I did.

































And so, my work here is done. Hope you found a sign or two here to make you smile. Time to get to that editing. Until next time, take care of yourselves. And each other.






12 comments:

  1. Funny signs Susan. Good luck on the editing. We'll see you soon [I hope!] Take care sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on three of your posts here. Brilliant stuff, Susan. I am always fascinated with how the brain works... must remember some of those witty retorts from the greats... as for the signs on your latest post, when I'm walking through the forest trails next week, I'll be keeping one eye on the back of my head! Perfect morning coffee laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! It's always fun to see something like this and know that somewhere out there, an anonymous person has a sense of humor you can appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great signs...back to work now...chop chop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great signs. I have often meant to take pictures of the signs outside of churches. They have some marvelous ones and show that even with fire and brimstone, there is always a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROF,L! Love these. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny signs! I'll have to catch up on some of your blogs that I've missed. P.S. I have an award for you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, All. Thanks for your comments. You guys are great. The editing has gone even better than I'd hoped. I've managed to chop approximately 11000 words from my book! It's a much more publishable length now, and killing my babies wasn't nearly as painful as I feared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved these signs and the witty comments in your last post - I agree with another comment on that post; that they all come from an era when wit was valued. Love Oscar Wilde - could read his one-liners all day. Must have been a daunting dinner companion - but great, as long as you weren't personally in his line of fire! Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Karla. Good to hear from you again! Glad you enjoyed the signs and the quotes. Yes, Oscar Wilde would've definitely made for an interesting dinner companion, as long as you were in his good graces. Take care.

    ReplyDelete