Friday, October 12, 2012

It's That Time Again

Thought for the day:  Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.  [Ambrose Bierce]


Uh-oh. It's happening again. I recognize the symptoms.

Trembling. Sweaty hands. Twitching eyeballs. An uneasy fire in the belly...

Yep, no doubt about it. I'm in dire need of a fix, people, and I refuse to deny myself any longer.

It is time to see the grandchildren!!!









The laughter of a child is the light of a house.  [African proverb]

It's time to crawl on the floor, giggle, and play. Time to wipe runny noses, sing silly songs, and hear all about the mean math teacher and the cute boy in English class. Time to ooh and aah over artwork, cheerleader moves, and new playground skills. Time to be rejuvenated ... to feel young again.

An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Anything longer than that, you start to age quickly.  [Gene Perret]

In other words, I'm not gonna be hanging around the blogosphere for a while. I'll be too busy hanging around with some of  the grandchildren.


Meet our grandson Aaron. We'll actually be visiting with his cousins this time, but I couldn't resist sharing this picture with you. He plays really hard, and then just like that...  PLOP! He drops in place and goes to sleep.

Don't you wish you could do that?











Come to think of it, by the time we finish playing hard with all his cousins, we might very well be doing pretty much the same thing at the end of every day ...
                                                     But that a risk we're willing to take.

                                                        I mean ... wooden YOU?

Do you know why children are so full of energy? Because they suck it all out of their grandparents. [Gene Perret]

I'll catch y'all when we get back to normal. (Hmmm, maybe I could've worded that better...)

                             Until next time, take care of yourselves. And each other.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.  [Doug Larsen]
                                                       (sigh) Life is good.

36 comments:

  1. Lady Magnon is off next week (to the UK) to do the same.... She hasn't stopped talking about it for weeks (or stopped buying stuff for them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, enjoy. Aaron is so sweet! Come back tired out and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you wish you could do that?

    I still do at the proud age of 47, the thing is it takes a lot of beer for me to get that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to add, the last time that happened was on the Disney cruise and not only was I in a weird position I was wearing a coconut bra and a grass hula skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous. No time to visit mine for another few weeks yet. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo of Aaron is adorable. Hope you have a great time.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Aaron is adorable--love that pic!

    Enjoy your grandchildren! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful time with the grandkids. Your grandson looks adorable! Kids can fall asleep anywhere it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the grands....bring back stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your upbeat posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great time!!!

    BTW, I loved the photo of your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That picture of your grandson is so cute. Enjoy your time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, have a great time with the grandkids. I have pictures of my son in similar crash-sleep poses when he was little. So funny how kids will just plop down wherever they are and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey,

    What a fabulous picture of Aaron... I'm sure he'll get to see that on his college graduation party or his wedding reception... some pictures just keep on givin' :)

    Have fun... I'm sure you will :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How come I've never heard of Gene Perret? What he says about grandchildren is both true and hilarious.

    Enjoy your time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool picture of your Grandson, he is a good looking boy and I bet more so when he is awake :)

    Enjoy your time with the grandbabies and fill us in on the adventures you find with them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Susan,

    Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star or superstar! :)

    Poor Aaron looks absolutely exhausted. Is that some kind of computer on the floor?

    Quality time with the grandchildren will be a most positive tonic.

    Aha, wooden you know it. And yes, why is a tree like a dog? Because they both have a bark! And old joke, I know, kinda' like my human!

    Pawsitive wishes, Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hilarious photo! That pose is great for getting rid of hiccups too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That pic of Aaron is beautifully rendered. The light is all soft. He looks so comfy despite the fact that, were we to strike that pose, we'd pay for it!

    Enjoy the time with your grandkids, Sus.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know you will have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Unfortunately our grandson is in the Marines and his sister is fixing to graduate high school.
    We have a beautiful great granddaughter but she is a couple thousand miles away.
    But I wanted to express my sincere thanks for your mentioning the rye triscuits to me, they are the best. So, THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  22. lol! I love that first quote from Gene Perret. So funny.
    Enjoy your grandchildren!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aaron reminds me of my niece. Or a kitten. They now how to play hard and then drop for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aaron is adorable! Great quotes too! Have a wonderful time with your grandchildren! Hope you get to go Trick or Treating with them!
    I can't wait to hear the stories complete with photos when you get back! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Susan, it's great that you've captured those poses. In 50 years he'll look back at them and wonder that his body ever bent like that. Enjoy your time and don't try any of those sleeping positions.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, Aaron is a doll! So cute.

    I hope you're having a wonderful time with the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have seen my own grandchildren assume postures similar to Aaron's and decided they are some new sort of boneless human. It is not an evolutionary progress that I understand but I accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have a wonderful time and enjoy them!
    He's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a priceless picture of your grandson! I love that. He must have a wonderful time at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kids and cats - they can sleep in any position!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I look forward to the sucking of energy from us future????? Grandparents hopefully someday:) B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's nothing like being a grandparent... all the good stuff without the responsibilities.

      Delete
  32. I do appreciate the chair & the exhausted body. As a title I once read: I think therefore I am single. I loved that.

    Suze is sending folks over :-). ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of Suze! Thanks for stopping by. It's been so many years since I was single, I can barely remember what it was like.

      Delete