Thursday, April 21, 2011

HELLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!

Woe is me.

I still can't post images, and it's about to drive me nuts. Worked fine until yesterday. Then, the pictures seemed to download from my computer just fine ... and they showed up just fine on the blogpost as I was working on it. I was able to move the pictures around and caption them, no problem. But the pictures would neither save nor publish.

A search on the internet shows that this is evidently a fairly common problem, but what I need is a simple solution. Logic tells me that if it were a search engine problem, the pictures wouldn't download or show up on the blogpost under construction. Logic also tells me that it doesn't appear to be a pop-up issue. Although I originally had all pop-ups blocked, making an exception for blogger.com had absolutely no effect on my ability to post a picture. Or rather, my INability.

Strangely enough, in trying to test it out today, I was actually able to get ONE image to show up on a preview page. Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate that success again.

Have any of you encountered this problem before? And if you have, how in the world did you get past it?

Thank you so much.

11 comments:

  1. I would guess it's a blogger problem. Sometimes Blogger will do strange and unusual things. If you go to the Help on Blogger and put in your problem, I'll bet you find a ton of others with the same problem and suggestions on h ow to fix it. Good luck! It's so frustrating when Blogger doesn't cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've had the same problem. I dealt with it by whining to my daughter, and she fixed it. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I know how you feel--like taking a hammer to blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried changing templates? Maybe something with your code is off. I know nothing about code, but I just found that different templates do different things. I used to have this template and changed it, but never had this problem. Just curious if that would fix it....?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could help, but I'm a computer klutz. Good luck sorting out the difficulty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ladies. By doing a google search, I found that this has been a fairly common problem, but I only saw ONE that was identical to mine, where the pictures download and show up on the work-in-progress and then mysteriously disappear when you try to save, preview or publish. Unfortunatly, there was no response to that person's problemm so I guess he's ready to take a hammer to his computer, too.

    Oh well. I'm off to Alabama. (but no banjo on my knee) Y'all take care. And again, thank you for the suggestions. Connie, I think I may try whining to my son and daughter-in-law. They don't blog, but they are on facebook, so maybe they have an inkling of what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think blogger has mood swings. When it won't cooperate with me, I try again later or the next day. Hopefully, it will work for you on your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had any problem uploading pictures to Blogger, but I agree with Danielle above that you might want to try changing your blog theme or template to see if that is the problem. You could always change it back afterward, if you figure it out.

    Oh, and have you tried condensing your images before uploading them? I always use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to condense my images for web pages before uploading them. Worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've run into problems when I've tried to copy and paste a picture off the internet, so now I always save the pictures to my computer, then upload from there onto my draft. If you're already doing this, then I'm stuck for an explanation. Are you sure the pictures are in the JPG, GIF or PNG format?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I can't offer any tips. I'm seriously tech-challenged. Hope you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much. I'm gonna take a stab at writing a new blog, and hope for the best. (maybe it "fixed" itsefl over the weekend???

    Hey! It could happen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the wrong person to ask for this sort of thing. I do think saving images to your computer and uploading them would probably be easier than copying and pasting from the web.

    ReplyDelete