Friday, February 25, 2022

Sadie, Sadie, Married Lady

Thought for the day: In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. [Albert Schweitzer]

Hi-ya. How the heck are ya? Me? I am fan-freaking-tastic!

It's no secret that my inner fire took a bit of a hit when Mike died. Y'all know exactly what I'm talking about, because you've probably experienced similar low spots in your lives. Bottom line, I thought my life was over, too.

I was wrong.

Man, was I ever wrong. 

Enter Larry... that person who rekindled my inner spirit. 

I'm a lot of things, but I'm no fool. On 2/22/22... at 2:22... I married this fantabulous man under a big ol' oak tree in our back yard.

It is no exaggeration to say our joy is even bigger than that tree.


Some of you have asked how we met. Well, we actually met more than 20 years ago, when he, Mike and I all belonged to the same amateur radio club. We all got along famously and shared lots of laughs and conversations together back then, but the real story begins when he sent me a private message via Facebook last May 3. He'd been widowed for nine years and had recently moved back into the area and wanted to see if I'd like to chat on the radio sometime. 

After exchanging a few messages, I agreed to talk on the phone the next day. Oh, we did. We talked... and laughed... for more than two hours. Then we went out to lunch on the 5th... the first time we'd seen each other face-to-face since 2003 or so. From the time I opened the front door and we stood there grinning mirror image grins at each other through the screen door, I was a goner. 

Can you say... instant connection?


 
It is inexplicable how much alike we are. I swear, he's a male ME. (Or since he's older, maybe I'm a female HIM.) No matter. We can... and DO... talk about anything and everything. We can... and DO... share the same kind of sense of humor that keeps us on our toes and laughing. Somehow, this wizard of a man sees what's in my heart and knows what I want without me breathing a word about it... sometimes, before I even realize I want it. Then he moves heaven and earth to make whatever I want a reality. It's unbelievable! We spoil each other rotten, have boatloads of fun every day... and every day, we thank our lucky stars that we found each other. That we rescued each other and fanned each other's inner flames and turned them into a conflagration, (A slight exaggeration... our indigestion isn't all that bad...)

Yes. I am lucky. Very very lucky. And I know it.

So is he. (Hey! What am I... chopped liver? HA)


So anyhow, our wedding was low-key, stress-free., and joyous. In other words... perfect. My wonderful son-in-law even wore his kilt for me! WooHOO. And the weather? Perfect. The day was perfect in every way.

As you can see, I wore purple. One of my friends asked me if I was gonna wear white, and I told her no. As Mae West said, I used to be Snow White, but I drifted. So purple seemed more fitting. My mother's favorite poem was When I am Old, I Will Wear Purple. I'm old. We both like purple. So there ya go! 

Too bad you couldn't be there. Gee, if only there were a way to make it feel like you'd been there to share it with us, ya know? What could that be... what could that be? Hmmm, how about an unedited video? Think that'd do the trick? Enjoy. Or not. No skin off my nose either way. HA



The healthiest response to life is joy. [Deepak Chopra]

Man, am I HEALTHY!!! [me]

I believe laughter is a language of God and that we can all live happily ever laughter. [Yakov Smirnoff]

So far, so good! [me] Life is good.

                               Until next time, take care of yourselves. And each other.

 

48 comments:

  1. Thank you for the video. I thought of you on the day. So I guess you are now (ha ha) "as happy as Larry"?
    Love the kilt :)
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Yeah, I'm definitely as happy as Larry... and vice versa. :)
      Yeah, I love that kilt, too. My son-in-law is another keeper.

      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I loved your post and the video. What a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, it kinda feels like I'm starring in my own fairy tale or rom-com. If they made rom-coms about old farts like us, that is. HA

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I wish you much joy in your life to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I sent a fuller message to your inbox. Sending hugs here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEH!!!! Wishing you both even more joy and happiness on your new life together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Would old Albert Schweitzer be tickled y'all are living his words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I sure hope so... Schweitzer was one of my heroes. :)

      Delete
  7. So happy to hear you have found a second happiness. Wishing you both joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your beautiful love story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's beyond amazing that something like this happened to me at this age. :)

      Delete
  9. Heartfelt congratulations to you and Larry! I thought about you on the 22nd. Your wedding was perfect - simple, genuine, unpretentious, and in a lovely setting. This new journey in your life was definitely meant to be.

    Thanks for updating us with this post. Watching the video made me feel like I was there (hey, I like the kilt!)

    Big hugs!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, cowboy! I'm so glad you watched the video, and yes, I think this is definitely the right direction for the rest of my life. No... I know it. Never been more sure of anything.

      I love that kilt, too. My SIL is a real sport to wear it for me. :)

      Big hugs back atcha!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations! That is awesome you reconnected. And with so much in common - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, our connection is uncanny. Never woulda thunk it...

      Delete
  11. Congrats! Great you reconnected and hit it off...and that you don't become chopped liver or lose skin off your nose. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Well, my liver's still intact so far, and (checks image in mirror) yep! The schnozz is still there, too... :) so far, so good.

      Delete
  12. I like chopped liver but you are so much nicer :-) Larry is a lucky man, and it's gooooood to see you thrive xx Congratulations to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA. Thanks... I think... :)

      Yes, I sure am thriving. Who'd a thunk it??? Not I! Never expected to be this fortunate. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Thrilled beyond words. Thank you so much for sharing the video. I loved it! You make the world smile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Susan and Larry, I love this post and clip. Thank you both for sharing this happy event.
    --Love, Geo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Geo, Thank you. I was excited to share our happiness with you guys, because you're kinda my "peeps," as the younger set says. Besides, I'm so full of happy, I've gotta let some of it out so I don't explode. HA Hugs to you and Norma.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations. I came to your blog from Arleen's Starting Over Accepting Changes. This post could almost have been written about me and my husband. We are amazed that we have been married nearly 5 years now and every day realise how lucky we both are. I wish you many years of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you! I'm so happy for you. As you know, not everyone has been as lucky as we have. Thank you so much for stopping by. Any pal of Arleen's is a pal of mine. :)

      Delete
  16. Congratulations to you and Larry! I've only just seen this and we've been a bit busy over here with our own daughter's wedding. See: https://todiscoverice.blogspot.com/2022/02/ruths-wedding.html
    Good news has been in short supply lately so this is double-welcome!
    CLICK HERE for Bazza’s anxiously adroit Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And congratulations to your daughter, too. I'm guessing she didn't get married in your back yard under a tree, so I can imagine how busy you've been. But I'm sure your daughter's Big Day made it all worthwhile. :)

      Delete
  17. Hi Susan and Larry - that is great news ... and I'm so looking forward to coming back and watching the video all the way through. Just so chuffed for you - that I had to comment as soon as I got here. I'm so thrilled - and I've been able to think about and use the word 'confelicity' for you both - in my 'Beating About the Bush' post in January. So appropriate! Cheers to you both - love the purple colour ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI-ya, Hilary. Thank you so much. I like purple, too. :) Cheers back atcha.

      Delete
  18. I smiled all the way through this post. Congratulations (again) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. We could all use more smiles these days. Thank you. (again) :)

      Delete
  19. Congrats and best wishes to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for sharing your wedding ceremony with us! I'm so very happy for both you and Larry. I see nothing but extreme happiness in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to you both! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so damn happy for you both. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Big congratulations to you both!!! Thanks for sharing the video of your big day. My mom wore purple to her wedding. I have the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, I'm just a tad late in seeing this, but congratulations Susan. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete