Austanspace passed this spiffy award on to yours truly, and the object is for me to tell you seven things about me that you don't already know, and then pass the award on to some of my other favorite bloggers.
Hmmm, after doing this sort of thing multiple times before, it's getting harder to come up with something new to tell you guys, but we'll give it a go.
1. At our wedding reception, I took a teensy sip of champagne to acknowledge the toast, and then quietly traded it in for a glass of milk.
2. On our honeymoon, the man running the chair lift at the Natural Bridge (VA) thought I was my husband's youngun.
3. When we were in third grade, a friend and I sang a sappy rendition of Over the Rainbow for an elementary school talent show.
4. For our high school drama class, two friends and I performed You Gotta Get a Gimmick. Once. When we told our teacher what we were planning, he asked us to do our routine for him after school. So our one and only audience was Mr. Adams and a small handful of fellow students. We got an enthusiastic response, but our teacher decided it wasn't appropriate for us to do. Too bad. We were reeeeeally funny. Not familiar with this song? It's from the Broadway musical Gypsy. (I was the one who "did it with a switch.")
5. The first time I ever flew in an airplane was a long, long flight from Baltimore to Chicago to Honolulu. After we left Chicago, the plane got caught in horrific turbulence, and at times, it felt like we were on an airborne roller coaster ride or free-falling elevator. How bad was it? Even one of the stewardesses was barfing. Me? I kept crocheting. Because I had no point of reference, I didn't realize the flight was so awful.
So, there ya have it.
Now, I'm supposed to pass the award on to seven other bloggers. My track record here hasn't been nearly as good as it was at Timonium. Rarely do the people I pick care to follow through. That's fine. I'm not gonna worry about it. What I'm gonna do is select blogs I haven't already tapped in the past. These are all blogs I thoroughly enjoy, so if nothing else, maybe the rest of you will check them out. And better yet, maybe these folks will participate, and I'll learn a little more about them. Here we go :
- Geo at Train Ride of the Enigmas
- Pearl at Pearl, Why You Little ...
- Mr. C at Termites of Sin
- Cro at Magnon's Meanderings
- Murr at Murrmurrs
- Paige at There's More Where That Came From
- Beach Bum at The Life and Times of a Carolina Parrothead
One last thing. In case looking at that picture of strawberry pie has got you craving some, here's a super good (and super easy) recipe for you to try. Guaranteed to please.
Until next time, take care of yourselves. And each other.